Blazing hot sunny days therefore time for easy light salads with some protein too!
- 1 medium fennel bulb, cut into thin slices
- 3 medium celery stocks, chopped
- 1-2 c of snap peas, cut into chunks
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, including seeds, chopped
- 1 can organic black beans, well rinsed
- 1 c or so of cooked quinoa
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 lime, squeezed, as dressing
Chop all the vegetables except the avocado, rinse the beans, and mix all together well in a glass container with airtight lid. Dress with fresh lime and refrigerate until ready to serve. I’ll add the avocado right before serving… perhaps with a cold IPA at a picnic dinner.