- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 package tempeh, cubed and sauted in 2 T olive oil
- 3-4 large dark plumbs, coarsely chopped
- 1 small bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- fresh mint sprigs, chopped
- 1 lime, juice and pulp
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts, as garnish immediately before serving.
instructions: Rinse quinoa very well. Bring quinoa just to a boil in 2 cups of water with a pinch of salt, then simmer on low heat for about 25 minutes until all fluid absorbed. Remove from heat, fluff with fork, allow to cool uncovered. Saute chopped tempeh, allow to cool, then add to cooked quinoa. Chop all remaining ingredients, stir all together. Dress with juice and pulp of lime. This is naturally sweet, so I served it with tofu baked in a spicy ginger peanut sauce. Or if desired, press or finely mince 2-3 slices of fresh ginger root, add to 1/8 cup olive oil for dressing. Refrigerate in air tight container.