- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup coconut, shredded, lightly toasted
- green onions, small bunch, finely chopped
- 1-2 cucumbers, sliced into rounds then quartered
- 1/2- 1 fresh lime, squeezed, include juice and pulp
Rinse quinoa well. Bring to a boil in 1 1/2 cups fresh water with a pinch of salt, cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 25 minutes until water absorbed. Remove from heat, fluff with fork. Lightly toast almonds and coconut on stove top, stirring constantly; add to quinoa. Chop green onions and cucumbers, then stir all together well. Dress with squeezed lime juice and pulp. I served this chilled with baked tofu in a sunflower seed butter sauce and romaine salad.